Code of Ethics
A Word of Warning: There is no governmental body or authority, which would supervise or govern tarot readers. Anyone - and I mean anyone - can pick a deck of cards and start doing readings. Unfortunately unscrupulous people exist, and some of these decide to use the tarot for their own gain - regardless of the consequences to the Client. Too many of my Clients have had negative if not traumatic experiences in the past; if the Reader projects their own psychological contents / issues onto the Client, needless to say this won't end well. Please be careful when choosing a tarot reader for yourself. Avoid any reader, who mentions about removing a curse for money, or who says you must do this or that (e.g. coming back to another reading), or who doesn't have any credentials to show.
1. Beneficence: I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
2. Compassion and Respect: I will always conduct the Session with compassion and in a nonjudgmental manner. I will treat all my Clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, class, education, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
3. Confidentiality: All Client information will be kept strictly private and confidential, unless there is a threat of danger where the Client may harm himself/herself or as required by a court of law. Any information relating to actual or potential unlawful activity, including, but not limited to, criminal activity, whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere, which is directly or indirectly disclosed to me in the course of a Session and/or in the course of correspondence which is incidental to those Services, may be reported to the appropriate law enforcement and/or government and/or non-governmental agency.
4. Integrity: I will interpret a reading to the best of my ability and will honestly admit if/when I cannot interpret something. I will always tell the truth, but not impose information on a Client that they have clearly indicated that they do not wish to know or explore further in depth. My goal as a Jungian Tarot Guide is to empower the Client to take responsibility for their own decisions and actions, to exercise their free Will better, and to become more conscious of their full potential.
5. Expertise: I will recommend Clients consult licensed professionals for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide.
6. Credentials: I will represent honestly my tarot & art therapy expertise, including educational credentials and levels of experience.
7. Independence: I will not let the Clients become overly dependent upon my services, nor pressure them for return visits.
8. Payment, Cancellation, and Refund: All fees will be clearly stated and agreed upon before beginning the reading. Payment is normally made prior to each Session. Cheque, cash or bank transfer (including PayPal) are the only forms of payment I currently accept. 24 hours notice of cancellation or postponement is required for all Appointments. If you are unable to keep the scheduled Appointment, please contact me as soon as possible. I will be happy to reschedule our Appointment. Notice of less than 24 hours will incur full payment of the fee. If I'm not able to keep the scheduled Appointment, I will contact you as soon as possible for rescheduling. Arriving more than 15 minutes late for the scheduled Appointment will constitute a missed Appointment, and will incur full payment of the fee.
9. Satisfaction Policy: I will respect the Clients' right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent. I understand that not every reader or Art Therapist works equally well with every Client. If you feel the Service provided didn't meet your expectations, or if you feel disappointed in any way at all after the Service provided, I will not ask for a payment from you, and will reimburse your payment in full. However, I reserve the right to limit or refuse any future bookings from individuals who invoke this warranty more than once.
10. Professional Conduct:
1. I will conduct myself in a professional manner. I am on time for appointments, fully present, honouring the Client’s process, listening carefully and compassionately.
2. I will not commence the Session if I suspect the Client may be under the influence of mind-altering substances.
3. I keep my promises and commitments and provide a safe, comfortable, welcoming environment (Temenos, sacred space) for the Session.
4. I will only do third party readings if the question relates directly to the Client's reading, and then only in areas where they directly interact.
5. I will at all times maintain an ethical and professional relationship with the Client.
6. I will not abuse a Client’s trust and vulnerability for my own personal benefit.
7. I am committed to the ongoing study and practice of my craft, so that my Clients can be confident they are receiving the highest levels of care and expertise.
8. I will not refer Clients to another professional in anticipation of receiving any commission.
9. I will treat my professional colleagues with respect.